Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What's the Big Idea?

So here is my latest activity to have students explore artworks.  I display an artwork on the Smart Board and they get a post-it.  After observing the work for several minutes they speculate what the Big Idea is.  This may be as simple as the subject for younger students or theories about meaning for older students.  It is a quick snapshot of their overall thinking and observation skills. After they stick their post-it to the light bulb we discuss the results for a few minutes.  These discussions always link to the project at hand.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea, I'm going to try this...Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this- simple, take very little time, yet so effective. I will also try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a great way to get them thinking about the artwork! love it and can't wait to try it in my classroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this would be great for adults as well. I'll be trying it.

    ReplyDelete